Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PGXL Ports

Possible **** question here. I have my Flex 6500 on port 1 and antenna 1. I want to put another radio on port 2.

Can both ports be setup to use antenna 1 for output???

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

No. It is an SO2R amp, meaning A in, A out and B in, B out.

You can add the 2x8 Antenna Genius to automatically select antennas, or use one antenna between two radios (one at a time obviously)

Dave wo2x

• AA1SS
    AA1SS Member ✭✭

Best for me would be to run flex to A input and other radio to b input . . . Take the outputs and run to a 2 position coax switch and what is normally the output on the switch would go to my 1x3 tgxl. using the antenna switch backwards with 2 in and one out.

• David Decoons, wo2x

That will work, just not automatic.

Dave wo2x

• AA1SS
    AA1SS Member ✭✭

I think I would have to set all keying to PTT with RCA cables and not use LAN for keying.

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭

You should be able to use LAN keying for the Flex say on Port A if that is where the Flex is connected and key the other radio with CAT/CI-V or PTT for the radio connected to Port B.

Don - kx9q

• AA1SS
    AA1SS Member ✭✭

Would band data go to the TGXL from the non flex radio or the PGXL. Does the PGXL RF sense the frequency and switch accordingly

• David Decoons, wo2x

The PG XL can accept RF Sense for the non-Flex input. The 1x3 TG XL can only accept Flex LAN or CAT/CI-V from non-Flex radio. You need to choose which. The TG XL can also be set for RF Sense.

If you upgrade to the TG XL SO2R and 2x8 AG you can automate everything. What is your desired goal?

Dave wo2x

• AA1SS
    AA1SS Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023

Where do you set up the TGXL for Rf Sense??

I found it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.