Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

RTTY not decoding

Options
W2ECK
W2ECK Member ✭✭
edited April 2023 in Third-Party Software

Haven't done RTTY in quite a while, so thought I try my hand in the SPDXRTTY contest going on this weekend. I am using N1MM and MMTTY. I am seeing lots of signals in SSDR fine but they don't seem to have the right twin peak shape or sound correct? The signals also don't look correct in the MMTTY XY scope And they are not be decoded in MMTTY . I am seeing lots of random characters in N1NN digital window. It's almost like I am in the wrong mode or something. I have RTTY mode selected in SSDR, filter width 500hz. When I transmit - the radio transmits correctly and the message appears correct in the N1MM digital window.

I think I have one mis-setting somewhere but can't find it. Anyone offer any suggestions??

Win 10 PC and Flex 6600 radio. Latest version of N1MM and MMTTY, v3.4.21 SSDR

73 Paul w2eck

Answers

• Rick N0VT
    Rick N0VT Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

You might try a different decoder such as GRITTY or 2Tone and see if your issue goes away. And make sure everything is configured for AFSK, not FSK.

• W2ECK
    W2ECK Member ✭✭
    Options

Rick

tnx for the lone response

I am running ASFK and tried 2Tone with no change to problem.

I somehow think it's something in my setup on the SSDR/Flex side of things, in that the signals don't look or sound correct.

will keep digging

73 Paul w2eck

• W2ECK
    W2ECK Member ✭✭
    Options

I am now decoding RTTY. After pulling my hair out going over and over all the settings in SSDR and N1MM. MMTTY, problem solved. There was another short RTTY contest today, the BARTG 75m sprint. So gave another try. I belive there was nothing wrong with my setup. I beleive the issue was since I last did RTTY the "Watering holes" had moved up the band, to get away from FT activity. The signals i was seeing and not decoding were not RTTY. Once I went far enough up the signals looked and sound correct and voila, I was decoding. A bit embarrassing but hey, it's only a hobby.

73 Paul w2eck

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.