Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Wrong Subnet mask Entered

DonS
DonS Member ✭✭✭

I just got the 6600 back from service and I noticed it was set to DHCP. I went ahead and set it to the static IP address I had reserved for the radio. Unfortunately I typed in the wrong subnet mask. It was supposed to be 255.255.255.0 instead I typed in 255.255.25.0. I can't get into SDR to change it. Any thoughts beside changing the subnet mask for my network?

Don - kx9q

Answers

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭

the incorrect mask should have been rejected rather than accepted!

don - kx9q

• reed
    reed Member ✭✭

255.255.25.0 is a valid subnet mask. Any number between 0 and 255 (inclusive) is allowed for each spot. Usually bits are masked from top to bottom, so 25 in binary is 0b00011001 is definitely odd, but not strictly wrong.

As for getting connectivity, I would expect you to be able to assign a similar subnet (and IP within the mask) to your computer, then directly connect it to the radio. That way you don't have to reconfigure your whole network - just one machine.

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭

Got it fixed.

Don - kx9q

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭

I tried connecting my laptop directly to the radio and then attempted to enter the mask as 255.255.25.0 on the computer and the computer rejected the mask. Fortunately someone mentioned a factory reset which resolved the problem.

Don - kx9q

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.