Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Tuner Genius XL crashes

Options

With simple inverted dipole antenna the tuner works fine on 80m. ( Flex 6600)

On 40m or 20m the tuner started to tune very slowly and most of the times then it crashes. The image on the monitor freezes and the light on the Flex turns red. I have to reboot the Flex. This seems to me not normal. Why not just a message SWR >10?

Chris

DJ2NL

Comments

• KM4CQG
    KM4CQG Member ✭✭
    Options

Chris

I have seen behavior like this from RFI does it do this when transmitted with wattage turned down?

Ian

• Chris de Voogd
    Chris de Voogd Member ✭✭
    Options

Ian,

Thank for responding, I use minimum tune power ( ~25W) without PA. The only constant factor is that the antenna SWR is way off. Sometimes it shows SWR>10 and sometimes it crashes. I first have to organize my antenna’s better. Maybe too many different values in the memories. Is it possible to go back to factory settings?

Chris, DJ2NL

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Sounds like RF getting into your network. Check that.

To reset tuner to factory settings, do the following:

Turn off rear power switch.

Hold front panel OP/STBY button.

Turn on rear power switch while continuing to hold OP/STBY.

When you see CONFIG RESET you can release the button.

You will need to set up the tuner from scratch.

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.