Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How can I deactivate or deinstall DAX drivers I don't need?

Options
When I tried to use DXLab's WinWarbler for RTTY I have seen a limitation of max 16 soundcards which can be selected. The selection of the 16 popping up in the menue cannot be controlled by the user. Unfortunately no DAX RX 1 showed up, it started with RX2, RX3 etc. Based on the proposal to deactivate soundcards I don't use at the moment I deactivated all DAX RX channels except RX 1 and RX 2 and IQ 1 and IQ 2 using the device manager. Even though I had deactivated those RX channels they still showed up in the selection menue of WinWarbler.

As a next step I deinstalled all those RX audio channels I don't use except RX 1 and RX 2 and IQ 1 and IQ 2 via the device manager, re-started Windows 11 and was surprised they were shown as active devices in the device manager and subsequently could be selected in WinWarbler. But again no RX 1 could be selected.

Question now is how to permanently de-install those devices I don't need or how to hide them in way that WinWarbler doesn't see them. If I need them I would re-install them again.

Any help would be nice. The proposal to use a different program for RTTY is not applicable for many reasons. Therefore I need to find a solution for WinWarbler.

Juergen, DL8LE
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Juergen
    Juergen Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello Martin,

after reading your response and sending mine I have re-opened the control panel again, disabled ALL DAX channels in output and input devices, re-booted my notebook, opened the control panel again and allowed the access of Windows and Apps to DAX RX 1 and RX 2 only. This step brought RX 1 into the selection menue of WinWarbler. I don't know why because there are still others which are not allowed, i.e. disabled. But this doesn't matter at the end. At least I have the system working now.

Thank you for your comment which brought me to perform another step with disabling all devices I did not do before. Problem is solved. But it is never a really good feeling if you don't understand the reason behind.

Thanks, 73

Juergen, DL8LE

Answers

• Martin_G4ENZ
    Martin_G4ENZ Member ✭✭
    Options

Juergen,

Did you follow the guide? - https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/FlexSignature - This takes you through disabling the DAX Audio devices that you aren't using.

73 Martin

• Juergen
    Juergen Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hello Martin,

yes, I used the Wiki already. Unfortunately the German names of the different sections in Windows 11 Control Panel are different but I am quite confident that those are the right one for Playback: control panel (Einstellungen) - Sound - Alle Audiogeräte (all audio devices) which are separated into Ausgabegeräte (output devices) and Eingabegeräte (input devices). The output devices show the list of all DAX channels, and I have allowed the access of Windows or apps to RX 1 and RX 2 only. All others are not allowed.

When interpreting the Wiki properly I should have done exactly that what was suggested there. But despite this procedure (after a re-start the settings did not change) all those not-allowed RX channels still show up in the selection menue of WinWarbler. In addition I had also disabled the devices using the device manager (properties and then selecting disable or deinstall etc.)

Sorry for the long description but might be there is still a very low probability that I misunderstood the procedure suggested in the Wiki.

Juergen, DL8LE

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.