Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR does not open correctly, it disappears.

Options
WP3C
WP3C Member ✭✭

Hi

SmartSDR doesn't work on my Mac. It was working fine and it stopped working. I think yesterday he did an update to macOS Ventura 13.3. Could it have been that?

Here a video https://streamable.com/6u5zfy

Alfredo WP3C

Comments

• Jean_Luc F5JRC
    Jean_Luc F5JRC Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Alfredo,

no problem here with Ventura 13.3 (Mini M2 Pro), SmartSDR 2.4.06 (upgraded this morning).

Maybe try to reset SmartSDR, I don't remember exactly the procedure but I think you have to press the option key when starting SmartSDR, to confirm… if it helps…

73 Jean-Luc

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

If nothing else works, Alfredo, you can do the following to remove all preferences and stored information. Be prepared to set up any preferences, etc. you had set up before. Also, you can try removing the app, and redownloading from the app store as a last resort.

Do a search in your Library directories for "de.roskosch.MacRadioApp" and delete the files / directories / folders in the path or with the name, then restart SSDR for Mac.

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

First suggestion is to reboot the mac

This will clear out any cache issues that maybe in conflict with with MACssdr app.

Doing' reopen' over and over doesnt do a thing except bring you right back to the error condition

side note

if you do a 'report' you will at least see the debug log and get an idea what is causing the crash

i highly recommend rebooting the mac

and

do NOT run xdax and xcat apps before starting mac ssdr

i am running multiple M1 mac (minis and macbook air) all on ventura 13.3 and mac ssdr 2.4.06

only time i have seen a similar conflict is when i run xcat and xdax before starting mac ssdr

and

if it **** xcat/xdax i sometimes need to reboot the mac to clear out command cache

Paul K3SF