Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Installed 3.4.23 and AM carrier now reduced to 3 watts

Options
Bob  KN4HH
Bob KN4HH Member ✭✭

I installed 3.4.23 on my windows 10 pc and Flex 6500 and I find that now my AM carrier level has been reduced from 25 watts to 3 watts. This is with the AM Carrier slider set to 50 where it has always been set. If I move the AM Carrier slider all the way to the right, I can achieve 20 watts. If I go back to 3.4.21, I get the usual 25 watts of AM carrier with the AM Carrier slider set to 50.

Tagged:

Comments

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Manual seems to indicate that carrier should be “about 25 watts” with AM carrier and RF output controls on full.

• Dan Trainor
    Dan Trainor Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It should be 25 Watts of carrier when RF Power is set to 100 and AM Carrier Reduction slider set to 100 (no reduction). If this is not the case, then there is still a bug. I will see if / when I update to 3.4.23

• Bob  KN4HH
    Bob KN4HH Member ✭✭
    Options

I may have misunderstood the relationship between the RF Power slider and the AM Carrier Slider. Prior to 3.4.23 release, if I set the AM Carrier slider to 50, I could adjust the RF Power slider from zero to 25 watts.

If the current behavior of 3.4.23 is correct, I will change my procedure for adjusting the AM carrier / RF Power .