Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600 goes into transmit when keying another radio from wsjt-x

Options

Hello

I have WSJT-x 2.6.1 running with 2 configurations, one instance only, not at the same time, one of them a FLEX 6600 (3.4.21) running via IP CAT and the other a Kenwood TS-2000 running via Com 8 CAT.

When I key the FLEX via WSJT-x everything with the Kenwood is fine (IE stays in Receive mode), However if I key up the Kenwood via WSJT-x the Kenwood goes into transmit and the Flex also goes into transmit, the Kenwood is transmitting a signal as normal, but the Flex is just in transmit mode and is not sending any signal (luckily).

Is this normal?  Is this a bug or a feature, IE to protect the Flex’s receiver? Do we think this a WSJT-x issue or a Flex issue?

The Flex is on HF and the Kenwood is on VHF 2m both in FT8 mode.

I have also tried this running 2 instances of WSJT-x running at the same time with the same result.

Also, there is no Com 8 in CAT for the Flex

George N1NAZ

PS also tried this with a Defaulted, IE reseted, instance of WSJT-x with the same result

Comments

• George M.
    George M. Member ✭✭
    Options

FYI!!!

Found the issue, N3FJP's AC Log was/is the culprit. Shutting down AC Log stops the issue. I would think AC Log should only be polling the rigs for band/freq info and do nothing for transmitting. I will contact N3FJP inform him and give him this info.

• George M.
    George M. Member ✭✭
    Options

Also turned of the radio control functions in ACLog did the trick.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.