Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SSDR - AutoZeroBeat on CW click tune

13»

Comments

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭

Hi Andy,

Well "officially" it is "in review" but it’s been that status for years.

73, Al / NN4ZZ

• Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭

That baffles me . I can't for the life of me understand their silence on the matter. For a feature that is apparently a popular request, remaining silent is poor business sense. Smarter to simply say "we don't think the feature is needed and we have no intention of adding it ". I'd be happy with that.

Andy K3UK

• Dan Trainor
    Dan Trainor Member ✭✭✭

I don't believe they do "official answers" for future fixes / enhancements / features.

• Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭

That would seem to defeat the purpose of establishing a "Flex Community "

Andy K3UK

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭

I don’t agree at all. Lots of Flex users have benefited from this community.

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭

Users are still encouraged to enter NEW IDEAs, and the number has grown to about 2,000. The vast majority are marked "in review." There are other statuses on a few of them. The statuses I've seen are:

• In Review (maybe 95% are in this status, I didn't count them so feel free to correct this number if you do)
    • Active (assume this means they are working on it, but just a guess)
    • Open for comments
    • Completed ( only see a few with this status)
    • Declined ( only see a few with this status)

The are about 50 ideas with between 12 and 104 votes, the remaining 1,900 have less than 12 votes.

The top 10 ideas have over 40 votes and it drops off after that.

At at this point it would probably take a lot of time for the team to address/comment and update them all. It would be good to see the flex team address and implement ideas in the top 10 where there are a lot of user votes. That would provide some confidence that the users are being heard and it is worth taking time to submit ideas.

Maybe a policy of addressing any idea with over 40 votes (or some cutoff number) would be worth considering. Generally I'm a satisfied Flex owner but I don't have much confidence with the lack of communication and lack of action on user submitted ideas.

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ

al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

6600 / PGXL / TGXL Win10 Pro V2004 -- SSDR V3.4.21

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭

List would have to be vetted by Flex for impossibility, impracticality, cost, sales appeal, etc.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.