Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

3.4.21: CWX loses focus

Posted this on groups.io...

Version 3.4.21 on Windows 11

I'm working the CY0S pile on 10 CW and using CWX macros a lot. I find that if I manipulate the panadapter with the mouse - slide it to the side, adjust width, move a slice with the mouse, etc - the CWX macro keys no longer work. I have to actually click on the CWX window then they'll work again.

Note that it seems like as long as SmartSDR has the focus the CWX macro keys would work. Not so - manipulating the panadatper keeps the focus on the SmartSDR window but the CWX macro keys stop working. 

I'm asking here if anyone has experienced this before I open a ticket.

-Brian n8wrl

Answers

• bahillen
    bahillen Member ✭✭✭

That is the way it works. They are separate windows. I generally move both the CW window and the waterfall window out of the SmartSDR grouping when working a pileup. It is a separate window each with there own focus. That is not a Flex thing but Windows

Bill W9JJB

• n8wrl
    n8wrl Member ✭✭

Thanks Bill!

I could swear there is something else going on here. I've been chasing several DX-peditions the past few days so I've left the rig running for hours at a time.

I understand that if I click on my logging software, for example, that F1 will not key the rig - it will do whatever the logging software does.

Sometimes, I can click back into SmartSDR and F1 will send the CWX macro. Sometimes it won't. If I click in the separate CWX window, it will.

The kicker is the intermittent behavior I'm seeing. SmartSDR has the focus. F1 sends the macro. Then I use the mouse to slide the slice, or widen/narrow the slice, or slide the panadapter. After doing that, and not leaving SmartSDR, F1 no longer send the macro. I have to click on the CWX window for it to work. It doesn't always happen and I'm still looking for a pattern.

Other times if I have to wake the computer back up it won't transmit at all, but I think that's a different issue.

-Brian n8wrl

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭

You have to love Windows (or not). I found that after completing the CWX setup with definitions for the F keys, that I should not have the CWX window open at all. With SSDR in focus, F1 sends the relevant CWX key definition. So I can do anything in SSDR and still access CWX with a F key and if CWX has no open window this is consistent. With CWX open then inconsistencies occur, for me anyway. YMMV as they say.

• n8wrl
    n8wrl Member ✭✭

I've written code to manage multiple FlexControls (I have 2 now). It works no matter what app has the focus. I have a USB numeric keyboard. I am going to extend that program to map keys on the keypad to SmartSDR functions, like CWX macros. Then it won't matter what has focus either and I can forget about the F-ing F keys :)

-Brian n8wrl

• Lasse SM5GLC
    Lasse SM5GLC Member ✭✭✭

I am running SSDR 2.4.10 and uses the CWX-F keys all the time when calling in pile ups. I do not have the CWX window open, just the "normal" SSDR, and I can even move mouse over to my web browser and scroll using the mouse wheel, and still push F-key on keyboard to send, as long as I have not moved focus from SSDR.

/Lasse SM5GLC

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.