Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

noise floor jumping

Have 6400M running ver 3.4. With no antenna connected, monitors and computer turned off, and running the radio from a battery the noise floor on the display jumps around, from -100 up to -90 or -80. Pumps up and down, maybe once per second. Also displaying 14.030-14.064 there are 80-100 spikes on the display, most of them have no signal, nothing but white noise when I tune on one of those spikes.

Sometimes it jumps more, sometimes less, but it almost always jumps. Other radios, same power supply, same antennas show no signs of doing this.

Tried doing a power off reset, etc. And everytime I reboot the radio I lose 2-4 of the 6 xmit profiles I have setup. Even after I have exported and then imported them back in they still usually do not survive a reboot.

Fred, K0FG

Comments

• K0FG_Fred
    K0FG_Fred Member ✭✭

It seems that the more I shrink the amount of band that I display the more the noise floor jumps up and down. When displaying 20khz between freq markers the display shows less jumping, but larger margins of jumping, maybe 10-15 db. By the time I narrow the display to 6khz the noise floor display is flickering rapidly. The more I stretch out the freq display the less jumping.

But always the entire top of the noise floor is filled with spikes, containing few signals, just white noise.

Fred, K0FG

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.