Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Bug SMART-9161 (Split Function in 3.4.21)

Options

This has been Answered on the FlexRadio Enthusiasts Facebook Page but wanted to bring it to the communities attention and say their looking into it under bug SMART-9161.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm having a strange issue with the Split Function on my 6700 v3.4.21 in that it randomly won't allow TX from the Split Slice. So i tested a few scenarios.

1. Restart SmartSDR with one PAN open and one SliceA and TX fine, Hit the SPLIT function and NO TX on SliceB with the same settings as SliceA. Mic and everything Working Fine but Zero power out.
  2. Turned off SPLIT and Opened SliceB and still NO TX.
  3. Opened SliceA, SliceB and SliceC to switch TX between them and still only SliceA will TX
  4. Opened a new Pan and Added SliceD and TX just Fine, so Added SliceE and that also TX Fine. Opened SliceF and that TX Fine.
  5. Went back to SliceA and it TX Fine, SliceB Nothing and SliceC Nothing.
  6. Closed ALL the Slice's and opened SliceA and TX Ok, Opened SliceB and TX now GOOD.. What Gives ??
  7. So Closed SliceB and hit SPLIT on SliceA and again ZERO TX from SliceB

This seems to be an issue with the SPLIT Function on SliceA and B.

And i can confirm it's only SliceB when run SPLIT that is doing it.

Anyone willing to try and replicate for me.

Thanks Karl. VE6KDX 👍️

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hi Karl,

1. Worked, and now it doesn't... Aaaand now it does.
    2. Confirmed! I have that same problem. Well, hmmm... Now I can't recreate it. And now I can...
    3. Sorry, only have a 6400.

I would say that there is definitely something happening here.

EDIT: I created a help desk ticket for this

• Karl
    Karl Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Len...

The work around i've found is to open a second Panadapter and run Split.. I leave SliceA on Pan1 and use SliceB on Pan2 to open Split with SliceC and it works good...

Seems to be an issue with the way SliceA and B work together in Split Mode.

Not a game changer just a little surprised the BETA guys didn't come across the issue before release.

Karl. VE6KDX

• Dan Trainor
    Dan Trainor Member ✭✭✭
    Options

They have no BETA program. Only ALPHA testers , so we customers are the BETA users who provide the feedback.

• KD0RC
    Options

Hi Karl, I think I have it...

Create the issue:

Open A
    Split
    Close B
    Open B
    Set B to TX
    PTT => <No RF>

Fix the issue:

Set A to TX
    PTT => <RF>  (slice A always produces RF)
    Close B
    Open B or Split
    Set B to TX
    PTT => <RF>  (Yay!)

I did this all on one panadapter. I have a 6400, and so can only test with two slices.

Once it is working again in split mode, closing slice B by turning off split works fine. Leaving split on and closing B causes the issue. Transmitting on A between times must reset something.

• Pete La
    Pete La Member ✭✭
    Options

I tried to replicate it on my 6400M and could not. So far I am very happy with Ver 3.4.21. It seems to have corrected my VOX issues and the occasional snapping and popping in the audio. Still testing it and watching it closely. K1OYQ

• bahillen
    bahillen Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options

If you are working split some times I find the TX move from the Slice B to Slice A as a result of operator error or 3rd party software unexpected occurrence.

I have discovered that you can prevent you from having you call be the one the COPs send UP UP UP to.

When you have set up for SPLIT the way you want it, use the TX OFFSET X/RIT > XIT to move Slice A up 1 or 2 khz. This is done by putting 1000 or 2000 in the box in the slice drop down.

This if Slice A TX is RED for any reason you will not be transmitting on top of the DX station. It would also help with operator tuning up on DX frequency.

You can also run SPLIT with one Slice and only one receiver. For 6400 users it gives you a second independent slice to monitor another channel. I use the Control Knob with a function button for XIT to move the TX around in the pile up. The waterfall shows a thin red line on the waterfall so you see where you are transmitting. (Line shows up when Red TX button is selected.

Bill W9JJB

• Ed Stallman
    Ed Stallman Member ✭✭
    Options

I had the same problem this morning working split trying to work 3B7M , Mode SSB ... I was in a hurry as the pileup was building . After making many changes it started working . Being in a big hurry I'm not sure what made it work ? It took a few minutes and by then the pileup was huge .

So below is what I must go through to do split ?

Set A to TX
    PTT => <RF>  (slice A always produces RF)
    Close B
    Open B or Split
    Set B to TX
    PTT => <RF>  (Yay!)

No Yay for me

• KD0RC
    Options

Hi Ed, That is what I did to get it to work after forcing it to not work. Now, I just hit split and it works unless I force it not to work.

I'm not sure what other things might cause it to stop working, but for me at least, I don't normally have to go through the little process above.

So, do you have it working now?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.