Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Looking for a non-M 6400 or 6500

Options
Looking for a non-M 6400 or 6500, ideally with ATU

Comments

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I suggest a 6400, unless you are desperate for four slices. Flex no longer guarantees it can repair 6300s or 6500s due to obsolete parts.

• ky4qx
    ky4qx Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip @"Neil D Friedman N3DF", 4 slices definitely seems nice, but probably not essential. Would definitely hear out anyone selling a 6400.
  • Dan KB6NU
    Dan KB6NU Member ✭✭
    Options

I have a 6400 for sale. It doesn't have the internal tuner, though.

btw, I've worked a couple of guys in the past who were using 6600s, and whenever I do, I ask them if they've ever used all four receivers. None of them have said that they do.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

The 6600 is not just about the extra slices.

Because it has two Spectral Capture Units (SCUs), you can have two receivers going, each on its own antenna. This allows you to have diversity reception (can give you good resistance to fading).

The dual SCUs let you watch two bands at the same time, using different antennas. This includes transverters, making satellite operations possible.

The 6600 also has fantastic band pass filters for the contest bands. This will allow for SO2R contesting as well as multi-multi operations.

Not everyone needs a 6600, but it is much more than just a couple of extra slices.

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options

6600 also has two transverter ports and two mic inputs, including one for balanced audio. 6600 also allows for diversity and SO2R operation. Flex stated at a Dayton dinner that the 6600’s contest filters were a $1,000 value.