Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No RF Output using WSJT-X to Smart SDR

SmartSDR, DAX and CAT v3.4.21, Windows 10

I'm thinking that after all the back and forth between user guides, forums and videos I would have a good chance of getting SSDR and WSJT X setup correctly. Not quite !! Basically, WSJT-X keys SSDR but RF Power output is zero. Hope someone can spot a detail I have overlooked.  

There are no issues with WSJT SSDR receive. 

Pressing the WSJT TUNE button turns red, a carrier appears on the SSDR Panadapter Display but no RF Power indicated on the RF Power Panel meter

Pressing the SSDR TUNE button turns blue, a carrier appears on the SSDR Panadapter Display and RF Power and SWR will display on the RF Power Panel meter.

RX and TX DAX are enabled and streaming as indicated by the DAX Control Panel.

WSJTX Radio, Audio and Device Manager panels shown for reference.

Thanks

Ron n6paa

Best Answer

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi Ron, it looks like the DAX TX gain needs to be increased so that the mic level moves up to somewhere around -5 dB when WSJT puts out a tone.

Answers

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.