Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

dropout and link loss

Options

I WAS using WIFI to link the Maestro but switched to a wired connection because I was experiencing link loss and variable latency. During use, at fairly awkward times I might add (contest operation for example), progressive frequent and loud scratching is heard in the speaker, black lines appear in the water fall, latency lengthens and from time to time the link is lost. I am able to watch the internet connection with RemotePC connection to the remote station and it is solid, not showing any intermittency. Anyway, the Maestro loses connection and then says the radio is not present. The last time a yellow triangle showed at the internet symbol and message stating remote server was not found. After the radio shows again and I pick RUN, there may or not be a typical long list of software versions present. Some times about 8 other times only 3. Selecting the top version, now 3.4.21, does not always produce a working link to the radio and the process has to start over. It seems to be most stable if I remotely turn off and on the 6600M. So, several issues here.

1.) noise leading to a disconnect in spite of packet latency of 30-40msec

2.) variable reconnect experiences after the link is lost

3.) turning on and off the radio may be of help

4.) the internet connection to the remote computer appears solid without any slowing

Thanks.

Comments

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    Options

Here is another "not ready for prime time" contest disappointment.

I was running EU (ARRL DX Contest) 10mCW today and at about 1250Z the display on the Maestro froze, audio stopped for about 5 sec, restarted for 3 sec and that was it. The Maestro lost connection. Nothing happened here with the network at my home, we were not streaming anything, everyone else sleeping, no use at the remote station either. The Maestro paused, waited for the 6600M to appear, I connected to it but noticed the radio started at another band than what I was on. When I switched to 10CW, the last frequency was retained but the radio would not put out any RF. No red bars on the Maestro display and no power on the remote RF meter that I can watch with the station computer remotely.

So, turn OFF the Maestro, start over and the same process is repeated, no transmit power.

Do I have to mention that some time ago, I lost my RUN frequency long ago?

So, now very frustrated, I recycle both the 6600M and the Maestro and when the radio appears (and the Maestro connects) I have power transmitted.

All this took about 5 minutes. My frequency was lost. I had been there for an hour and a half with a decent run.

I don't know what else to say here other than my K3 remote setup NEVER EVER dropped a link during a contest. I will probably go back to that for future remote in order to avoid frustrations and disconnects. I realize that this dropout is intermittent and there is no distinct pattern. I further realize that Flex will, in all likelihood, be unable to assist or find a resolution. I guess that I will go back to the contest now, I hear 10m hopping but my run frequency is long lost.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.