Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Create then import memory

I can go to artsci.com and search for repeaters. One can then highlight their table of repeaters, copy and paste into a spreadsheet.

I can write a program to parse the CSV file, rearrange and calculate the various fields matching the Flex settings -> memory.

I can save the current memory file in a CSV with Profiles -> Import/Export profiles.

I simply added a line to the saved CSV and tried to import it with Profiles -> Import/Export profiles by selecting the SSDR_Config... file saved above.

The new data are not there.

I then tried importing the CSV file. SmartSDR crashed and burned with lots of error messages.

I do NOT want to hand enter several dozen repeaters, especially when I can do the same process with RT Systems for my other V/UHF gear and have all memory files look the same.

What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭

https://www.flexradio.com/documentation/smartsdr-profiles-how-to-guide-pdf/

I think you are going to be entering the info into a slice and setting up your repeater, testing that it works and then saving it into a profile. But that manual is the latest from the flex educational tools...

I just had my radio on FM two weeks ago for the first time and I worked TN8K on 10m FM direct without a repeater for a new band - mode country... Have fun!

• dale0131
    dale0131 Member ✭✭
    What was I doing wrong...

Close the spreadsheet used to create the CSV file before trying to import into Flex. I'm guessing the routine that reads the file opens it read/write. When it cannot, it crashes. Note to Flex, you might want to open the CSV read only and if it fails, fail gracefully.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.