Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6400 Power Requirements

Options
I have a pre-loved 6400 w/ATU coming from FLEX. I also ordered a new Powerwerks 30 Amp Power Supply. My electrician looked today at the 6400 specifications given on the website. 13.8 VCDC =/- 15% (14VDC Nom). He says I will not be able to plug into a standard outlet but it must be fed by DC. Is that right? Or does the Powerwerks Power Supply simply plug into a receptacle that handles 30A? Thanks. Paul N0KDI, Mesa AZ

Comments

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options

Yes,the powerwerks power supply will plug right into a normal A/C wall socket. A 20 amp A/C wall outlet will work just fine. I am guessing your electrician thought you wanted to plug the radio directly in to the wall outlet which would **** the radio.

James

WD5GWY

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

If you haven't already done so, go to the Flex Radio website and download the user's guide for your radio. There is plenty of good, basic installation and setup information that will help you get going.

• VK7WH Winston
    VK7WH Winston Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Your standard US 110 Volt outlet will easily handle the load. Even at the maximum rating of the power supply, 30Ams at 15 Volts, will only load the 110 supply at around 8 amps. The actual figure drawn by the Flex will be much less. Hope this helps

Winston VK7WH

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.