Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FT8 on DXpedition Freqs

K3SF
K3SF Member ✭✭✭
edited January 2023 in SmartSDR for Mac

HI all

For those who use macssdr and its integrated FT8 mode, you may notice there are a set of fixed frequency for FT8 operation.

However most Dxpedition dont operate there. To work those dxpedition just set freq select to manual. and tune the slice to the desired frequency.

for example FT8WW is operatin on 10.131 FT8...not F/H but a MSHV which still works like regular FT8 from this end....

i did this on macbook air M1.and using a flex 6600m..see attached

as far as i know, this does not work for F/H mode as Intergated FT8 does not respond to change freq from the Fox station

Paul K3SF

Comments

• KP4IP
    KP4IP Member ✭✭

Thanks Paul for the info. I will try to catch them :-)

73' Frank - KP4IP

• AA5SH
    AA5SH Member ✭✭

Thanks Paul I had somehow overlooked that option in the list. Had been using WSJT-X. Just heard FT8WW for the 1st time on FT8 and was able to work him on 30M. Heard him the other day on 20M CW but he went QRT before I was able to get him. Was sitting on my couch and saw him on my iPad but did transfer to desk to work him so I could tweak my beam. I need to save up my pennies and get me a Rotor Genius so I can swing it remotely easily.

Michael, AA5SH

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭

for rotor control i have Green Heron RT21 ( rotor is HD73) and use mac app called 'ROTOR' which is a freebee.

i just remote into the shack's mac mini which is attached to GH RT21 and use Rotor app

i am still trying for cw contact,

BUT

i did manage to work FT8WW on FT8 on 30m

good dx hunting to you..

Paul K3SF