Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6400M

Options

How can I setup the 6400M to return to the same band and frequency it was on before it was turned off? When I shut the radio off I am usually on the 80 meter band and the frequency is 3.715.00 and I would like to have the radio return the to band and frequency when I turn it back on. Any help with this issue would be much appreciated. My email address is: w6mtm@verizon.net. Many thanks, Bob W6MTM

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Bob, what version of the software are you running?

How do you shut down your radio? If you shut down by removing power, the radio won't be able to save where it was. If you use the power button or the Rem On jack on the back, then it will save and return to where it was.

• radioshopbob
    radioshopbob Member ✭✭
    Options

I just downloaded and installed v3.3.33. I am using the radio sitting right In front of it. When I turn the radio on I use the power button on the front of the radio. When I turn it off I use the same power button of the front of the radio to turn it off. Thanks Len, Bob

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Bob, I would submit a help desk ticket. The radio should pick up where it left off since you are using the power button correctly.

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It should be noted that after clicking the power button on the radio to turn it off, that you cannot immediately turn off the 13.8V power. You must allow the radio to complete its shutdown sequence before DC power is removed, usually 10 to 20 seconds. The M-model front panel may required additional time, but I don't know that for a fact.

73, Craig KØCF

• radioshopbob
    radioshopbob Member ✭✭
    Options

THANKS TO YOU BOTH. I will contact Flex next week and let them tell me why this is happening. Best regards, Bob

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.