Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

is an older SD card still compatible?

Options

Buying a 4 year old 6400M with ver 3.0.19 loaded. When I upgrade to the new version is the SD card still compatible? Or will I need to get a new SD card?

Fred, K0FG

Answers

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options

The later firmware installation will run some tests that may stress your SD card. If it happens to be the card original to your radio it may fail. But, there have been many that didn't fail. If for some reason it does fail, Flex Radio, usually will send you a replacement if you contact them. You can also purchase an SD card from Flex Radio before you attempt an upgrade as well. If all goes well, you'll have a good backup card for the future.

But, honestly, if the card is only four years old, it is unlikely it will fail.

James

WD5GWY

• K0FG_Fred
    K0FG_Fred Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks James.. I will give it a try and hopefully it will work well.

Fred, K0FG

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.