Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Cannot select PC mic in SSDR while 6400M client running

Options
This is a new problem, running SSDR 3.3.33. When trying to select the "PC" TX audio option, the button flips back to MIC. Local PTT is selected on the remote PC Multiflex panel and TX DAX is not selected. The only solution is to disconnect the 6400M client from Multiflex.
Conversely, when remote TX audio on SSB is working normally and then the 6400M panel client is started, the TX audio button flips back to MIC. In other words Multiflex operation is not possible.

The PC mic is the default Win 10 recording device. Operation is normal with one client. When I try to select PC mic, I hear a packet blurp being sent over IP but the selection will not hold with both clients running. I have reset both the PC and the 6400M. Should I downgrade my SSDR to a previous version?
Any help is appreciated thanks Peter VE6KK

Best Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Make sure the front panel and remote PC are using different mic profiles.

you should create separate global profile which contains its own TX and mic profiles, different than front panel profiles.

Dave wo2x

• VE6KK
    VE6KK Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks Dave I will try that, I have been somewhat lazy about profiles with only the stock mike on the radio. I did suffered a major hard reset after a long period of disuse and did not restore the near default profile I had stored.

Cheers Peter

Answers

• VE6KK
    VE6KK Member
    Options
    Dave, separate mic profiles did the trick. Although i have had the 6400M for several years I have been a pretty casual user ans new to remote operation. I will get all set up for PC headset, bias and all that.
    The best to you!
    Peter
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Peter,

Glad it worked out for you.

Merry Christmas!

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.