Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Unusual Occurance

Options

I usually leave the PGXL powered on, however, When I am done I will put the PGXL into Standby Mode. The other night I looked into the computer/radio room and saw what appeared to be a flashing light like 3 short on and nothing and again 3 short on and nothing. I am not sure how long this was going on. Since I am not able to see the back of the PGXL I decided to turn off the the PGXL from the switch in the back of the unit. The light stopped flashing as soon as I turned the unit off. The question is what is this light in the PGXL and why was it flashing. I have not noticed any flashing since then and I still leave the power on but the unit in standby mode when not in use. I should note the unit came back from servicing in late November.

Don - kx9q

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

What light was flashing? The green fan backlighting or flashing from the NIC port in back of amp? Is it possible you had a brown out before noticing the flashing light?

The fan backlighting is normally solid.

Yellow for standby, green for idle, and red for TX.

Dave wo2x

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I thought it was flashing red but not sure as it was in the middle of the night when I saw it as I walked by computer/radio room so I just turned off the power switch. I didn't think there was a light on the NIC port. The amp sits on the floor so I really couldn't see where it was coming from since I couldn't get behind the amp. The backlighting can be viewed from the front as It is behind the "handlebar" in the front. I have not seen this since it first occurred. Just curious.

Don - kx9q

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.