Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600M, iPad and SmartLink

Options

Good Day!

I have just successfully set up an iPad with SmartLink to my 6600M. Very good.

When I tell the iPad to tune the 6600 via it's ATU, it the iPad reports back a very low SWR. Less than 1.1:1.

When I tell the iPad to "tune" and look at the two SWR meters I have in the shack, one on the manual tuner which has the coax switcg set to "bypass" so the tuner is not an active part of the TX, and the other meter is on my Ameritron ALS-1306 amp, which is in "standby", both meters in the TX circuit indicate a 2.5:1 SWR.

This concerns me.

Thoughts??

Thanks!

Pat Eastman K7PWE

Best Answer

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Pat, it sounds like your antenna system is presenting a 2.5:1 VSWR. The internal tuner in your 6600 is then tuning that down to 1.1:1. Since the amp and external tuner are on the other side of the internal tuner, they see the higher value while the rig sees the lower.

Answers

• Pat Eastman
    Pat Eastman Member ✭✭
    Options

Len,

That makes really good sense and I don't know why I did not think of it prior to posting the question.

Thank you very much and I really appreciate the input.

Respectfully,

Pat

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Glad to help, Pat!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.