Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FLEX 6400 Intermittent failure to boot

Intermittent failure to boot of my 6400

Folks I have a problem with my remoted 6400 that has been going on for a while, I am wondering if anyone has encountered it and if so, what was your solution.

First of all, the radio running Ver2.8.0 and is operated remotely at a repeater site on a mountain top. DC power is provided by an ASTRON 35A power supply that feeds to an Epic Power Gate set to 14V and 12V deep cycle battery which in turn feeds the radio. Wiring uses 30A Anderson power pole connectors.  I switch the radio between standby and operate with a Microbit web switch to control the remote on. I have a good high-speed connection between home and the radio.

The problem is the radio randomly after a couple to half a dozen operations refuses to boot. Using a remote camera, I see the status light will flash green appearing to hang up in boot up indefinitely. The radio power will have to be disconnected/reconnected then a reset performed. After the radio returns to normal state, it will again operate a few times before this condition repeats. I never make a change remotely without wating 2 minuets as not to corrupt things.

I am using a MASTRO second generation and a Windows 10 PC to access using SSDR, neither makes any difference in the issue.

Regrettably I cannot physically access the radio site for a couple of weeks but hope to have a plan of attack when I do.

Regards

Steve AG4SO 

Answers

• N5NHJ
    N5NHJ Member ✭✭✭

Hi Steve,

Do you have an external 10MHz reference GPS connected?

I noticed this behavior on my 6400. In my case the 10MHz reference signal kind of inhibits the radio to boot correctly. My cure is to (remote) disable the GPS during the reboot and re-enable it later on.

• Intresting Worth looking into. Thanks

Steve AG4SO

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.