Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Configuring manual port forwarding in an ATT fiber modem

rfjohn
rfjohn Member ✭✭
edited November 2022 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hi All,
I am just now getting around to configuring my Flex-6300 setup for remote operation. I have ATT fiber into the house, and I learned that the ATT modem/router (an ARRIS BGW210-700) doesn't support UPnP, so one must manually configure port forwarding. I see others have had problems with this, so I turned my notes (with personal info scrubbed) into a PDF recipe.
I am new to the Flex Community pages - if there is a way to upload a PDF, let me know and I shall post the PDF.
Hope this may help someone else!
John AF4ZE
Tagged:

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi John

You can post your solution as plain text or if you have a way to host the pdf you can post a link.

Dave wo2x

• John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭

There is also a “paper clip” and a “picture” icon at the bottom of the comment entry field that you can use to link to a file on your computer or smartphone to be included when you post a comment.

I include an example below. I used the “picture” icon to add an image from my smartphone

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

@rfjohn you should now have the little paperclip that John mentioned.

• Phil - N4MT
    Phil - N4MT Member ✭✭
    John,

I have the same Internet and router and have it configured with no problems.

1) Connect to your router (mine is 192.168.1.254) and create a custom service for each forward (4993-UDP, 4994-TCP) in Firewall -> Nat/Gaming.

2) Then create an Application Hosting Entry for each service that points to your radio (the serial will be in menu assuming it's connected to your local network).

I have screenshots for each step but don't have the aforementioned paperclip to attach them, so feel free to contact me via email using <my name>@<my call>.com if you have any questions.

73 Phil
  • Phil - Could you provide more details for each step? When I go in to do the create a custom service for each forward, what ports do I specify? Also on the Application Hosting entry, what do I put in there? It's not obvious to me. Thanks de KF8QL Dave in Grand Rapids, MI
  • Got it - Thanks for your help Phil!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.