Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Anan 7000DLE MK2 to TGXL

Options

Hello I'm looking for myself I can't find .. how to connect my pineapple 7000dle to my Flex TGXL tuner and have automatic tuning

73'

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Attached a USB to serial cable from your PC to the TG XL CAT input.

In Thetis under CAT, set one of the CAT connections to the COm port on PC created by the USB to serial cable.

in TG XL, select Kenwood. Make sure baud rate settings on Thetis and tuner match.

Dave wo2x

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Dave is correct, just a bit of added info.

Set the CAT settings in the TGXL to "Kenwood 4800 Baud 8N1 and CIV0"

You must connect the Radio's PTT to the PTT input on the Tuner

This works very good with firmware TGXL App 1.1.8

If you need more COM ports besides the Thetis's 4 COM ports you can use DDUTIL version 3 set to the FLEX Legacy radios to add more ports using 1 of the THETIS CAT ports to drive DDUTIL for more USB COM ports and even more Virtual COM ports using VSPMGR or COM-O-COM to build virtual COM ports.

• Jean Drolet
    Jean Drolet Member ✭✭
    Options

I absolutely have to go through the computer? is it possible that I connect the anan directly to the TXL from DB9 (anan) to DB15 (tgxl)

Thank's

73'

• David Decoons, wo2x
    edited October 2022
    Options

The DB9 is NOT RS232. You will NOT get frequency info from radio to the tuner.

That is one of the differences between the Anan and Flex ( Anan being thick client). With the Flex you just use network for both A & B as well as PTT.

Dave wo2x

• Jean Drolet
    Jean Drolet Member ✭✭
    Options

Ok thank you, too bad I also thought that the TGXL was RF sensor like the Palstar HF-Auto

thank's

jean VA2JN

• David Decoons, wo2x
    Options

It is RF Sense, but you need to tune at various points across the band and save the tuning memories.

I strongly recommend you buy a USB to serial cable with FTDI chipset. They sell them in longer lengths or use a straight through DB9 male to female extension. This way the tuner will track to radio frequency and adjust tuning BEFORE RF is applied. I just think if the technology is available, why not use it? That way the radio (or amp) does not transmit into a high SWR.

My two cents, which in today’s economy isn’t saying much ;-)

There are also other ways I’d the tuner is not near the PC, or even near radio as Bret has done with a couple of Raspberry Pi’s and Node Red and MQTT.

Dave wo2x

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, the Computer is required one way or the other even with Node-RED as it reads data from Thetis TCP functions.

With the Black7000DLE that doesn't have a built in computer it has NO RS-232 on the back, the DB-9 is for Open Collector OUTPUTS (page19 of the 7000DLE manual I have) the OC jack has Transistor logic outputs for BIT cables, the user builds their custom BIT cables for their external Hardware then programs what each pin does in PowerSDR.

If you buy a USB to RS-232 Cable Make sure you get the correct type end for the Tuner because it requires a Female DB-9 (Null Modem) RS-232 cable, Not the standard Male DB-9 pin out cable and the FTDI Chipset cables are very good and the REAL FTDI chipset drivers are very stable.

But like Dave said this is just MY 2 Cents

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.