Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

YAESU M-1 Microphone ?

Hello !
Has anyone used a new YAESU M-1 Desk-Microphone with a FLEX-6500 ?

Vy 73 de Wolfgang, DL2RDH

Answers

• ka7gzr
    ka7gzr Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017

I have a Flex 6700 and a Yaesu M1. Like the 6700 the M1 is very flexible. I use the XLR interface>

Jim

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017

I have use many different dynamic microphones with my Flex 6500 with XLR interfaces. However, I do it differently. I have an XLR to USB adapter and use my computer to process the audio and, then, send it back to the 6500 via the Ethernet. Works very well and I get very good reports. However, never used the Yaesu M1. I, also, use this technique remotely, remoting my 6500 through the WAN using Softether VPN.

A very nice program called ROMAC is used to process the audio. I found dynamic microphones are very low in output and this program easily brings the audio up to make it useable with the Flex. Plus the program adds many features including noise gates, reverberation, 10 band bandpass filters, plus a host of other features.

Jim, K6QE

• Chip
    Chip Member ✭✭
    > @ka7gzr said:
    > I have a Flex 6700 and a Yaesu M1. Like the 6700 the M1 is very flexible. I use the XLR interface>
    >
    > Jim

Thanks for the post. I too have a Yaesu M-1 that I truly love (with my Yaesu radio). Great to see that I will be able to use it with a FlexRadio 6600. Trying to decide I if I want to make the jump to 100% SRD (6600) or to go with the FTDX101MP, which claims to me a mix of conventional hardware and SDR. The research is almost as much fun as purchasing:-).
  • ka7gzr
    ka7gzr Member ✭✭

I also have a FTDX101D and a Flex 6700 (and others) and a Yaesu M1. I find they work equally well with the M1.

On the receiver side I find the 6700 to be slightly more sensitive than the 101D. My ultimate receiver is the Icom IC-7850.

Jim

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.