Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SDR v3.3.33 problem?

Options

I have just uploaded v3.3.33 from 3.3.32 on 6600M radio. I have now developed a continuous tone on receive . It started on 10mHz CW, and then when I switched to "normal" LSB on other bands, the tone remained, leaving the radio useless. I have returned to version 3.3.32 and the problem has reared it's head still.. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

It appears to start up about 2 minutes or so into turning on. The radio tuning still works, but all I can hear is the tone (about 1kHz). All the bands are affected this way.

I am using SSDR for Mac OS, and have had trouble-free fun for months, until the update.

Closing down and rebooting from cold (to the exact instructions by Flex) yields me the radio working, but then the problem starts up at a random time after turning on.

I am going to fiddle around for a bit to see if I have done something ****, but after that, I may have to raise a ticket with Flex......

Comments

• Mike Steventon
    Mike Steventon Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Just to add to this, I have discovered that after turning on the radio, if I select CW, then the tone starts up immediately, and the returning to LSB or USB etc, the tone becomes present on the frequency (that was working fine until I selected CW. It make no difference if I select different antennas. Same problem, same result......

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Mike, I see that you did a cold reboot. If you haven't already, export your profiles and try a factory reset.

If that does not resolve it, submit a help desk ticket.

• Mike Steventon
    Options

Thanks Len.

I have tried cold reboot, also tried factory reset. The same result in both cases. I have swung back and forth between v3.3.33 and 3.3.32. The same fault occurs on each! Tried SSDR for windows v.3.3.33, and also Mac OS SSDR. Same result.

I will put in a help desk ticket!

Thanks again. Mike G4GWH

• Mike Steventon
    Options

Addendum to the above.....

I originally had my TGXL hooked up when I up loaded v3.3.33. I have disconnected the TGXL and done another upload v3.3.33 and also a factory reset. and it LOOKS as if all is now ok. I will be monitoring very closely to see if fault comes up again. I am wondering if the presence of the TGXL being in circuit and live would have corrupted the upload??

Meanwhile I have raised a ticket to be on the safe side.

• Mike Steventon
    Options

Problem identified. Many thanks to Ken Wells NM9P of the Flexradio Helpdesk for his really good help.

You do not get this kind of service anywhere else on the Planet!! Kudos, FlexRadio.

Mike G4GWH

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    Options

so... what was the problem and the resolution???? :-)

• Mike Steventon
    Options

so... what was the problem and the resolution???? :-)

Hi Don.

Sorry, I should have said... It would appear that there is a software bug in v3.3.33 that Ken and I have identified and he will be reporting to their Engineering for evaluation. Basically, the sidetone generated on CW key down is under specific circumstances carried over to the next band selected if band selection is too quick, causing a VERY loud sidetone frequency tone on all bands. The solution we found is to return to the CW band and disable the sidetone button. All works as should.

It is not a serious problem, and it was only through sloppy operating (!) that I noticed it in the first place. Panic over!

73 Mike.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.