Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SSDR 3.3.32 cannot find 6400 on first startup

This seems to have begun a month ago.

W11, latest, I5-11600K, Intel MB, 16Gb

6400 direct Ethernet from computer to radio (no network)

DHCP IP Radio 169.254.171.185 DHCP NIC 169.254.141.58/16

If the computer is running and I start the radio, wait for solid green, then start SSDR it reports that now radio is found. There are no intermediate devices between the radio and the NIC. The Ethernet cable is 4 feet, cat 6.

Now, leaving the radio on and restarting the computer results in SSDR finding the radio and running normally from that point on regardless how many times I may shutdown and restart SSDR. The computer is running normally with all virus and firewalls active. SSDR reports 0.0% dropped packets.

So: It is a one time event when SSDR has been shutdown and the computer has been running overnight and the radio has been shutdown overnight. At no point in the above sequence is any transmitter in the shack keyed. Its not RF.

I have S/D virus and malware and the firewall to no effect.

I suspect W11 or the NIC not SSDR or the 6400. W11 security hardware?? I don't know enough.

This falls under annoyance rather than critical problem. But it is curious.

Anyone ever encounter this type of behavior?

Answers

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭

One possibility is that you have the PC and the radio on different subnets. The computer is on subnet 141 and the radio is on subnet 171. Try changing the radio to the same subnet as the computer. I may or may not be correct on this...

73, Craig KØCF

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.