Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Max source/sink current for USB BIT/BCD cable outputs?

New 6600 owner here. I'm going to use USB BCD cables to drive my bandpass filters and such. The band decoders have opto isolators, which ran on 5V previously. I can change the current limit resistors on the boards, but the USB Cable document does not (unless I missed it) specify what the maximum source/sink currents are for each output as well as maximum total source/sink current. Anyone know what the specs are?
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

K6MR

I have attached a pdf of the FTDI specification.

There are two part numbers for the 3.3v and the 5v versions of the FTDI chip.

Alan. WA9WUD

• K6MR
    K6MR Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks much. I didn't know this was a standard FTDI product. Just what was needed.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.