Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR quit working

Options

I just changed from ATT dsl 25mbps that was barely usable to ATT Fiber at 500mbps. I used it locally on the lan and all was great; speed improved. When I return home I can use VNC to remote into my PC at the remote. I can run SmartSDR remotely fine.

But when I bring up SmartSDR on my home computer SmartSDR, CAT and DAX all open up. They are set to auto connect smartlink and all seem to open properly on the home machine but then error screens keep popping up saying 'Radio Connection failed' Unable to connect to the radio. Please Try again.

My friend in NC was unable to log in with SmartSDR also.

it said radios not found. I operate the flex at a remote 40 miles away. When I got home I have the same problem...smartsdr starts up but does not connect.

Is this possibly an open port problem? They did change routers on me but all the credentials (wifi equipment, names of wife etc) were all brought over as part of my account.

I'm heading back down there later today to check it out in person. Hopefully someone will shoot me back some answers or things to try.

Thanks to all in advance

Bill

WB4KSP

Comments

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

We switched to AT&T fiber a few months ago. All my computers on my wired network have no problem connecting to my 6600M that is on a switch connected to the AT&T Gateway. But, my laptop has been giving me fits connecting over WiFi thru the Gateway. Configuring the Gateway doesn't seem to be as straightforward as it was on my previous setup using a cable modem and a Linksys router with WiFi. I have emailed AT&T support for information. But, no response yet.

Good luck.

James

WD5GWY

• Ha Gei
    Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Lately some guy , who started the PC ( Win10 ) was noted about a "new connection" and clicked the default "foreign network" instead of swichting to "home network" this gave exactly the same effect.

L2 networking and dicovery does not work on "foreign" network ( excuse if it is not spelled exactly, but i guess you understand what i mean with "foreign" network )

Check how your PC sees the network

Harry

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the reply. In my case, the laptop views my home network as a private network. The same as it was on my previous network. I also set it to allow it to be " discovered " by other computers on the network. Still the same results. Even turning off Windows Firewall temporarily makes no difference. I think I will have to contact AT&T customer service again to see if there is an advanced settings menu somewhere in the Gateway that I am missing.

James

WD5GWY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.