Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Power Genius DHCP after power failure

Options

Is there a way to initiate a manual DHCP request from the front panel of the Power Genius? We have had a few power failures here recently and when that happens after router and local data switch and PGXL are up and happy due to the timing of restoration I lose communication with PGXL until I manually power off and on the amp with the power switch in the rear.

With the PGXL being mounted near the bottom in a rack cabinet and me not having the arms of a young orangutan (or anything young) its a bit of a PITA. I hesitate to set a static IP and reserve it in the router in the interest of keeping things simple DHCP. I'm hoping there's a secret way... ie throw salt over left shoulder and press the button on the handle 3 times?

other that that, 6 months or so into ownership the PGXL is the cats meow. thanks! Mike W1BFA

Best Answer

• Mike  W1BFA in Maine
    Mike W1BFA in Maine Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks Don... I'm set up on static now. I have found as I get older I tend to play things a little less on the "fast and loose" side and I keep a paper notebook log of any custom settings or mods to any of the gear or cabling. It makes for a lot less panic in the event of Windows upgrades or equipment failures etc..

Answers

• Dan-N7HQ
    Dan-N7HQ FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager admin
    Options

No. Any remote command requires knowing the IP address (or using the Windows Utility - which discovers the IP address).

I employ a static IP address on my PGXL for this very reason. Provided you reserve the IP address or allocate a range of self-managed IP addresses, there is no significant downside.

Dan, N7HQ

• Mike  W1BFA in Maine
    Options

Ok Dan... I will give the static a spin. Do I need to define a netmask etc. on the PGXL or is just the IP reserved sufficient? thanks! Mike

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    Options

When you setup the static ip address in PGXL you will need to know the the mask and the gateway address. I was also having problems where I lost the DHCP address which makes the setting in PGXL useless so I switched over to a static ip address on the PGXL and TGXL.

Don - kx9q

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.