Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CW "skipping"

Options

I wonder if anyone else has had this issue and what might be happening:

I don't have a better word than "skipping" to describe what happened with my 6600M on last night's cwt. I had worked both the morning and the afternoon cwt sessions without a problem and had not turned off the rig between sessions.

However, during the evening session, every 30-seconds or so the signals I received would just skip a beat. For example, I copied KI4Y as KE4Y - this happened throughout the hour. I also noticed it on my transmitted signals. For example, a few times my W6 got transmitted as M6, and some dashes were distorted into long dits. The AGCT was set at 50 and the noise blanker and noise reducer were not turned on.

After the session, I rebooted the rig but the problem persisted ... but it seems just fine this morning.

Running version 3.3.32.8203 into a PGXL and Tuner Genius and N1MM, transmit delay at 25 Any ideas?

Roger W6LAX

Answers

• Ron Koenig
    Ron Koenig Member ✭✭
    Options

Roger,

I'm going to assume a few things... One that you were running N1MM and 2 that you had Telnet on with Spots.

High numbers of rapid fire spots seems to aggravate this issue. The only things I know of that you can do are..

(1) Reboot the radio between sessions. The longer it runs the more susceptible they seem to be. (A Cold "Comprehensive Reboot" Before the AM session would be best)

(2) Filter your Telnet heavily. You want only the spots you need to be sent to the Flex. The tighter your filter is (Yes, you will lose some workable spots) the less of a problem it will be, or at least it will take longer to manifest.

N1MM added buffering and such a couple years ago to try and help with the issue until Flex can address it.

Characters that start with a dit are the worst, Ron TN often sends as Eon TN or Non TN depending on how bad the stuttering is at that point. (And sending speed)

Filter down to just the Prefixes that are likely to give you good spots, keep the Timeout at 30 min so you don't get as many Dupe spots.

Ron, WV4P

• Roger W6LAX
    Roger W6LAX Member ✭✭
    Options

Good advice - thank you, Ron

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.