Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Re-register to SmartLink after SD card replaced?

Options

When a previously registered to SmartLink radio has had the SD card replaced, will it automatically work remotely again? Or does it need to be re-registered to SmartLink using the local keying process?

Tony N2SS

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

The short answer is yes, it will work again without having to re-register. This is because what is being registered is the radio hardware (not the SD Card) to the SmartLink account.

Answers

• Joe - KC2TN
    Joe - KC2TN Member ✭✭
    Options

If the NEW SD card had a newer version of software installed, will a laptop running SSDR, used to access the upgraded radio remotely, need to match OR will the radio work with ANY version?

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Joe, the version in the radio must match the version of the client (SmartSDR, Maestro, etc).

If they don't match, you will be prompted to update the radio to match the client. If you want the radio to stay where it is, close the client and open the one that matches the radio.

• Joe - KC2TN
    Joe - KC2TN Member ✭✭
    Options

Tnx!

That’s what I thought would happen.

I’ve never encountered this situation before.

I was always the one initiating the upgrade.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.