Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Yaesu Band Data Interface Cables for PGXL flex Amp

I need to know what cable I can buy or where I can get it to connect my Flex PGXL to a Yaesu FT-101MP

Best Answer

• ky4ct
    ky4ct Member
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    A BDC cable can be constructed from a network cable. Amazon sells the appropriate connectors that use screw-type terminals, with no soldering required. I also ran my PTT down this same cable, as the BDC only uses four wires; the rest can be used for other signals. You don't have to worry about the PGXL. It's optoisolated and won't overload the 101's connections in any way. Just make sure you put a few ferrite cores on the ends of the cable.

Answers

• wp3a00
    wp3a00 Member ✭✭
    Ok thanks for the information I will verify those materials and try to create them and put them to work thanks again for the information

• Dewey WØYWW
    Dewey WØYWW Member ✭✭

I had problems connecting FTDX101MP BCD connection to both my Antenna Genius 8 x 2 switch and Prometheus DX2400L1 amplifier (parallel connection). The solution was insertion of 1.5K ohm resistor in series with each of the 4 BCD signal wires to the amp. Both Amp and switch were optically isolated, so I assume this was an issue with overloading the sink current capability of the Yaesu rig.

73, Dewey, WØYWW

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.