Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can record/playback audio clips, such as CQ, in normal operation?

I have gone through the forums and discussions as well as the manual. I have seen many references to N1MM or Audacity to create and then play voice clips during a contest. However, I just to play some of these for non-contest situations. (i.e. repeated calling in a pileup or calling CQ)
Tagged:

Answers

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭

Good Afternoon,

The system will do repeated CQ's or Calling in Pile Ups using the CWX and that is very handy, However the system doesn't have a built in voice keyer. When doing Phone contests etc, I bring up N1MM+ and use Audacity to create Voice Keyer files. While it sounds simple to add, I believe it would limit the ability to pre process your SSB for putting out on the air... (AUDIO RACKS) Yes you are right, the way you mentioned it is the way it's done. Have fun. DD

• Dan Trainor
    Dan Trainor Member ✭✭✭

FWIW, If you use SmartSDR for MacOS, it has a voice macro (keyer) function built into the software. You can record and playback any voice macros straight from the program without going outside to any 3rd party record / playback software. If works really well and dead simple to use.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.