Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

"Upper Menu Bar", to click on "File-Settings-Profiles-Help"

When I move the mouse pointer to click on and open one of the drop-down boxes, I have to hold down the mouse button and slide down to the line I want. The box will not stay open if I let go of the button.

When I move the mouse pointer over the Box I want, it becomes highlighted. Then I would normally just click once, and the box would open. It would remain open as long as the mouse pointer remains inside the area of the Box. I then could move down to the line I want and click on it.

Mine does not do that. the box closes as soon as I let go of the mouse button.?????

Windows 11 and the latest version of SDR v3.3.32

Best Answers

• Bob N8KVC
    Bob N8KVC Member
    Answer ✓
    OK never mind. So I just restarted the radio and windows SDR, and of course there is nothing wrong. Yep, it works just as it should. Click on settings and the box open, and stays open.

So my problem is solved, but then the question is what caused the problem to happen in the first place?

Don't you just love computers

To everyone who came by to look at my post, thanks for looking. Remember that if you have a problem, the best thing is to shut everything down, go away and enjoy an adult beverage of your choice. Then later restart everything and maybe the problem has disappeared.

Bob
  • John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

It’s what long ago was called the BRS method. Big Red Switch.

Answers

• Bob N8KVC
    Bob N8KVC Member
    > @"John KB4DU" said:
    > It’s what long ago was called the BRS method. Big Red Switch.

LOL yes John. I know, and actually I did that when the problem first popped up. I shut down Win SDR, and also turn off the radio. Did a restart, and the problem was still there. Thats when I asked the community the above question.

A little while later I remembered that just like when you upgrade the software, you need to do a "Cold" start to wipe the radio memory. Thats when I went back and found that the problem was no longer there. This also involved a cold start for the computer also.

Thanks for the comment and yes "BRS" did solve the problem. That's a good thing as I am rather fond of the "Get A Bigger Hammer" trouble shooting method. But that can also cause other problems with Eletronic equipment..........

Bob

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.