Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

MEMORY SETTING ON BAND SWITCH?

ON MY OLD ICOM 756 PROIII I COULD HIT THE BAND BUTTON AND HAVE 3 DIFFERENT FREQUENCIES SAVED. WILL THERE BE A FEATURE LIKE THIS ADDED TO THE 600 IN THE FUTURE?

Answers

• Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    On several other brands of radios this feature is called "band stacking registers," and they offer 2, 3, or 4 different frequencies to be stored for quick QSY to the part of the band you which to access. I found it a very useful feature also, but I have no idea if/when Flex intends to include it.
  • Dick B
    Dick B Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Install FRStacks!  It does that and much much more.  I greatly prefer it with my Flex 6300 to the 3-levels of band-stacking on my IC-756 Pro3.  
  • Don Stefanik
    Don Stefanik Member
    edited September 2016
    WHERE DO YOU FIND FRSTACKS?
  • Don Stefanik
    Don Stefanik Member
    edited September 2016
    FOUND IT
  • nt9e
    nt9e Member ✭✭

I was a an Icom customer for 17 years before I bought my Flex. Icom has band stacking on just about every HF radio they make. It's time Flex put that feature in the radio instead of relying on external software vendors.

• Dick B
    Dick B Member ✭✭

I have a 756Pro3 and 7300 in addition to my Flex 6300. The excellent FRStack program does everything the ICOM does and much more. Doesn't bother me one bit.

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

Also, the flex ecosystem intends the radio to be a “server” for the data. The api supports this view allowing access to the radio by served software rather than having a set of features baked in. The capabilities of these external programs far exceeds the abilities of the traditional radio.

• Stewart
    Stewart Member
    I'm still using the F3K with PSDR 2.7.2. Over the years I've ADDED many frequencies, modes, etc to the band buttons without modifying any of the existing entries. However, I can't remember exactly how I did that. Now, when I try to enter a new frequency, mode, etc it overwrites an existing entry. The owners manual on page 63(5) says MODIFY and nothing about ADD. Can anyone tell me how to ADD more frequencies, modes, etc to the band stacking memories. Thanks.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.