Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WSJT-X no longer decodes

oreste g
oreste g Member ✭✭
edited June 2022 in Third-Party Software
Good morning everyone,
My WSJT-X doesn't decode, it's very frustrating, I'm using Flex 6700
latest software version, i use windows 10.
everything is configured perfectly but the signal looks dirty or distorted in the wsjt-x cascade could someone help me?
I uninstalled and reinstalled all the software I also tried to change the PC by reprogramming everything but nothing does not decode.
thanks for help

Comments

• Ron Koenig
    Ron Koenig Member ✭✭

How are managing your Computer Time ?

• oreste g
    oreste g Member ✭✭
    I use a BktTimeSync program
  • Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭

You could, just out of interest to see if there is any difference, install JTDX https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Fng2Zn6NS2tEh-qxttx-FJ9H1Ey97vji/view?usp=sharing

These are the settings, which I expect you know anyway:

If JTDX works, you know you have a WSJTx problem. If it doesn't, something is messed up in SmartSDR like DAX levels or some other.

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭

When WSJT-X stops decoding and you see the fuzzy signals in the WSJT-X waterfall its because DAX is corrupted. You can usually close DAX and restart it to temporarily fix it. I had this issue bad with my 6700, it would distort very quickly taking the enjoyment out of operating. When I did a fresh install of windows 10 pro about a year ago, it fixed my issue for quite a while until one day it started happening again. My PC is a Dell XPS 8930 and I was able to trace the problem to a Dell App called "Dell Support Assist" that I installed way after the origional Windows 10 pro refresh. I used the free app called LatencyMon to find my issue and that was the app that caused the highest DPC issue.

• oreste g
    oreste g Member ✭✭
    Thanks Larry and thanks to all, I'm sure the problem is DAX and when I use TVr in FT8 This own does not encode despite the strong signals caused by ES from this period, I hope I will be able to solve it, I was happy with my setup. I will be present at Messe in Germany this end of the month, hoping to find Flexaradio and get some advice, I will be forced to change the infalcaso setup because it is not very reliable for a professional job.
    thanks 73
  • Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭

If you have proven it is DAX by a logical method, such as the one I described, then action the instruction here:

https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/204017069-How-to-Manually-Re-Install-DAX-Drivers?_ga=2.224930972.706203239.1531155858-1944861907.1526220609

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.