Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Need Help Connecting Power Genius to Kenwood TS 990 Via DB9 Cable

Options
I am the proud owner of a new Fled PowerGenius I purchased at the 2022 Hamvention. I cannot get the amp and the radio to "talk" to each other using the DB9 cable between the two, It is most likely user error lol. I have tried all the port settings in the software with no success. The amp is able to operate through "rf sense" but no success using band data, unfortunately. If anyone has any ideas, I would be very grateful. 73 de N4KMG. Wes Wingo

Best Answer

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Should be a straight through db9 female to female cable and not null modem.

Under CAT tab in PG XL utility device configuration select Kenwood and make sure baud rate matches radio’s baud rate. Check the box to enable it for the correct port on amp (A or B).

Dave wo2x

Answers

• PunchingPastor
    PunchingPastor Member ✭✭
    Options
    [{"insert":"Thanks Dave :)\n\nI had to lower to baud rating on the TS990 and was good to go. \n\n73 de N4KMG\n"}]

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.