Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

JS8 Call Creating new Slice

Options

I have JS8CALL with a dedicated Slice (B) in CAT. When I transmit for the first time after opening JS8Call, and transmit, It creates a Slice C at the same frequency and switches TX to that slice. Is there any reason it would do this? I'd prefer not to take up another slice with this program if at all possible.

Answers

• Ed Woodrick
    Ed Woodrick Member ✭✭
    Options

In WSJT-X there's a setting that does this. It's the Split Operation with options of None, Rig, or Fake It. I believe that it is Rig that does this. I'm guessing the JS8CALL may have a similar option.

While reading the WSJTX documentation, Rig uses two VFOs and switches between them. Fake It uses a single VFO but changes the frequency. I use Fake It and it seems to work perfectly well for me.

• PaulB
    PaulB Member ✭✭
    Options

Great, thanks, Ed..I'll check that out today in the shack.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.