Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to connect remotely to my 6600M

It connects fine remotely on my home network - seems automatic. I am going to a friends QTH and load Smartsdr on his computer. When I run it - exactly what questions will it ask me and where do I get the answers (so I know what "data" I need to have with me). I have looked at many videos ETC- it's still vague.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• joe holstein
    joe holstein Member
    Answer ✓
    Thank you - those little details like creating a SmartLink account may have been missed by me or left out of some of the how to do stuff. So, creating the account stored all the needed info in the cloud or somewhere - the kind of stuff I thought I needed to supply and was a big mystery to me. I appreciate your help. 73 joe n8ea :)
  • joe holstein
    joe holstein Member
    Answer ✓
    Thank you for not jumping all over me for not sufficiently reading the manual. I am quite overwhelmed with all the stuff this radio can do and the associated documentation. I read Sec. 10 (probably again) and it sunk in this time. Go easy on those that did not read the manual (RTFM). Thanks, joe n8ea

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

You need to create a SmartLink account. It is easier using SmartSDR for Windows but can be done from front panel of radio.

once you create the account and you are logged in to the SmartLink account you need to register the radio for SmartLink. Go to SmartLink setup and click Register. It will require you to either provide a PTT (physical, not MOX) or close the CW key. This ensures you are at the physical radio location and prevents anyone else from “hijacking” your radio. You’ll get a confirmation if successful.

Next click the Test button. If it comes back green then your router supports uPNP and you are done with setup. If not, then you’ll need to set up port forwarding in SmartLink and your router.

Once all that is done when you are remote you will need to log into SmartLink using the email and password you used when setting up the account. You should see your radio in the radio chooser field. If you don’t then possibly your Internet provider is using commercial grade NAT and would require them to do port forwarding on their end.

Dave wo2x

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭

You might wish to read Sec. 10 (“SmartLink”) in the 6400M/6600M User Guide.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.