Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to config WSJT-X on a local W-10 PC while running SmartSDR for iOS iPad remotely?

This is needed in order to minimize the internet performance requirement AND use the full functioned WSJT-X with support for ARRL field day and VHF contest messages.

Answers

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

Is the intent to run wsjt on the remote iPad also?

• Froemke
    Froemke Member
    edited April 2022
    That was the original intent but then I learned that SmartSDR for iOS integrated FT-8 does NOT support the ARRL field day or VHF contest exchanges. Nor is PSK supported. Same situation with SmartSDR for Mac integrated FT-8.
    So, my only alternative is to run WSJT-X and FLdigi on a “ local” PC while I run SmartSDR for iOS on my iPad. You may be wondering “then why bother with an iPad at all?” My answer is that I don’t want a laptop in my lap while I’m roving and the audio/Cw delay is much less with iOS versus a windows client.
  • John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

This should not be a big deal to get working. I use iPad when remote for the same reason though I haven’t tried it with wsjt also running I have used the iPad remote while the radio is in use locally. I believe just set up wsjt as normal, and the iPad should be able to be used as desired with one or two slices (depending on the model of the radio) regardless of the mode of the pc software.

• Ken Wells
    Ken Wells Community Manager admin

Look at this article.

It was written specifically for this use case with SSDR running on a Mac, but the same principles apply for SSDR running on an IOS device.

You will enable DAX TX and select DAX RX Channel in the right-hand pull-out menu on SSDR for IOS.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.