Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Network Statistics suddenly not opening up.

Options

When clicking on the network strength bar at the bottom right of the SmartSDR screen I do not get the information screen that gives detailed info on the packets. Anyone else ever experience this? I have shutdown PC and also did a reset of the Flex 6600.

K4JKB

Answers

• Joe Bales
    Joe Bales Member ✭✭
    Options

ok I went into task manager and the network diagnostics is indeed running. I can maximize it and it goes full screen. if I try to move or resize it becomes very small with just the X showing to close the window.

any thoughts on what I can do to successfully resize the screen? I know this is now a windows issue.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Joe, is it possible that the screen pops up on another monitor? You should get an icon for it in the task bar at the bottom of Windows.

• Joe Bales
    Joe Bales Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Len

I don't have a second monitor installed. all I get is a very small X and hitting alt key along with space bar as shown in the picture I cannot resize the window. strange. I can get either the very small X in the picture or a Totally full screen maximized image.

• KD0RC
    Options

Hmmm... Not sure. When you right-click on the little pop up from the task bar, can you select "Restore"?

• Joe Bales
    Joe Bales Member ✭✭
    Options

No - only choice not ghosted out is Move

• KD0RC
    Options

Oh, I see... Well, it might be time to submit a help desk ticket.

• Joe Bales
    Joe Bales Member ✭✭
    Options

Every normal windows trick I know and new ones I found to manipulate the window just are not working. I can get the window by going into task manager with the window fully expanded and the information taking up 1/2% of the window. I will keep trying.

• Roger G3LDI
    Roger G3LDI Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi All.

I have the same problem here. I cannot see the diagnostics, either from the menu or the five green bars, just the small white square with an X in it!

Would be interested in the solution. I was looking because the CW drop out was extremely bad this evening, worse than usual and just about a useless Flex on CW.

73 de Roger, G3LDI

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

In theory, though not necessarily in practice, you can right click its entry in Task Manager and manipulate it back to the correct behaviour.

For my Diagnostic window I had to "Bring to front", after which it has opened properly when I call it from the green bars icon. Sometimes with this kind of problem, setting Maximise and then manually sizing it works.Try this in case it helps.

• Roger G3LDI
    Roger G3LDI Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Erik.

Just tried this and although it works, it fills the whole screen with just a tiny window at the top. There is no way to redefine the size that I can find.

73 de Roger, G3LDI

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

So you have this:

According to Microsoft, if you click on this window and then hold down the Windows key and at the same time press the down arrow key it should resize and display as normal. It does for me but I suspect you have something else going on. You can but try, otherwise I have no other ideas.

Erik.

• Don Birzer
    Options
    I realize that this is an old post, but did you ever get this working? Same problem, clicking on network bars brings up a small window with an X in a red box. Right click in task manager can maximize it, but it is full screen. Windows-down arrow brings it back to a red box. Windows 10.0.19045 SmartSDR v3.5.9
  • Remo
    Remo Member ✭✭
    Options

same here with newest Version 3.6.8 on two differet PCs connected to two different Flex.

It seems my problem Isnt fixed. It was not that important, but since a few weeks I get disconnects on DAX and Flex and now the network is in focus and from importance

• Remo
    Remo Member ✭✭
    Options

#Issuesolved

TU Ken!

open a ticket got the solution right away

This is most likely caused by a corruption in your "SSDR.settings" file on the computer.

This file stores such settings as window size and location, and additional "Client Level" settings that affect only how SmartSDR is displayed or functioning on that particular computer.

Reset the SSDR.settings file on your PC

·      If SmartSDR for Windows is running, close it down.

·      Then enter %APPDATA% into the Windows Search box. It will display a folder as a result of the search. Select the folder.

·      If you are presented with a set of folders of which one of them is ROAMING, select that folder.

·      You will see a FlexRadio Systems folder listed Double click on it to open the folder.

·      In that folder are two files with the names “SSDR.settings” and “SSDR.settings.backup

Delete these two files.

·      Restart SmartSDR for Windows.

This should restore the Window size and location to the defaults.

Note: You will need to reconfigure some of your other window settings, and such settings as "PC Audio" status, etc.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.