Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Add antenna selection to Memory Channels

KD0RC
KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Now that I have a two meter transverter, I set up a bunch of repeaters in the memory channels. If I am on HF (most of my operating time...), then click on a two meter memory channel, I have to manually select the XVTA ant for transmit and receive. I can also select my 2 Meter FM profile first. Either way, I can't just pick a memory and go there if my current antenna settings are not where I need them.

I would like to see a couple more columns on the Memory Channels panel that specify RX and TX antenna.

Thanks for your consideration of this idea.

1 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Len

You have only one SCU, correct. So. only one antenna can be connected, at the same time.

We could build a custom antenna switcher using the API. Antenna would be switched based on band, or some other variable.

Alan. WA9WUD

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

HI Alan, Yep, I thought of that and could add code to my TeensyMaestro, but I was hoping for an in-the-box solution using existing functionality.

If I were to code for this, I would probably just code up my own memory channels like I did my own CW messages. This isn't the last of the great issues to be solved, but it would be a nice convenience item.

• K9YK
    K9YK Member ✭✭
    I’m new to SmartSDR and can’t believe antenna port selection isn’t stored along with memory channels,

Throwing in my vote for this to be a must-have development item.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.