Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New firmware install problem ... v3.2.39

Options
W7NGA
W7NGA Member ✭✭✭

I am using SmartSDR for Mac to update the firmware in my 6600 from v3.2.34 to v3.2.39. The firmware downloads correctly and upon installation SmartSDR for Mac issues a dialog box stating 'Upload was successful'. The 6600 reboots, flashing green, but ultimately flashes red three times as a boot failure. Power off and on, boots back to v3.2.34 and is operational. Of course, my main objective is to update the firmware and that has failed.

Any ideas, or similar observation? I am hesitant to use my Windows laptop for the update, as I don't want to go down that path and the potential .NET complications. I never will use SmartLink so I have not bothered to update till now, when Marcus suggested that I do so in addressing a separate issue.

W7NGA

Comments

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I also found I could not import my saved profiles and config using SSDR for Mac. Resorted to using SSDR on Parallels.

• W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I guess the larger question is ... has anyone successfully installed v3.2.39 using SmartSDR for Mac?

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

There is a known defect with 3.2.34 that can lead to corruption of the memory card.

I suggest opening a Help Desk case with support.

Dave wo2x

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

If this is the MAC software and the Radio still powers up and works with the older MAC version then this MAY be different then the SDCard issue and you may want to check with Marcus on this problem who wrote the software.

What version is on the Radio itself if you happen to have a windows machine can you update the radio to V3.2.39 then give the MAC version another try?

Just a thought

• W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Using SmartSDR for Mac to update the firmware to v3.2.39 yields the boot failure. Doing a Factory Reset also shows a boot failure and then boots up v3.2.34 which is the version the radio came with from the Factory. I am submitting a support ticket.

Thanks for the responses ....

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

How was this problem finally resolved?

Was it a radio problem?

Was it an problem with mac-ssdr?

Inquiring minds want to know..

thanks....Paul K3SF

• W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I received a new SD card from Flex and loaded the firmware using my Windows PC. It updated correctly and I lost interest. I was never able to update the firmware with SmartSDR for Mac successfully. Once I had the new firmware installed I was hesitant to experiment with the Mac in fear that something may get corrupted.