Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Goofy Slice A and B screen on my 6400M

Options

What I am about to tell you I have no explanation for. Slice A which is at the top has 20 meters and the Slice A tuning bar. Slice B on the right says 20 meters, yet down below in the panadapter it is showing 40 meters. And there is no tuning bar for that slice. Yet up in the "A" panadapter there is a Capital B> showing.

All I want is 20 meters on slice A with the tuning bar for slice A. And on Slice B I want 40 meters with the B tuning bar showing. I have restarted this radio 3 times, with no success of it getting itself right. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this mess!

Mark Griffin, KB3Z

Comments

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Mark

On the upper panadapter, you have two slices, a 20M slice, and a 40M slice. The 40M slice only shows a "B" on the right.

The B slice is off the scale because you do not have the panadapter bandwidth wide enough to show both pieces on the same panadapter.

Double click on the off-scale "B." slice letter. That will center the B slice, and you can now see its data box. But....now the A slice will be off the scale on the other side.

If you want both 20M and 40M slices to show on the same panadapter, you must increase (a lot) the panadapter bandwidth. Expand the bandwidth by placing your cursor on the frequency scale and dragging it to expand.

Using two pan adapters, one and an adapter for 20M and a second for 40M, with a minor scale, may be preferable.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Mark, as Alan said, tap the B then tap the frequency currently on 20 meters and select 40 meters.

Remember, on 6400 you can only have one active RX antenna.

Dave wo2x

• Ken Wells
    Ken Wells Community Manager admin
    Options

The panadapter and slice are separate entities...

You can have two panadapters open, and two slices on Panadapter A and none on Panadapter B,

or

NO slices open on Panadapter A and Two slices on Panadapter B,

or

One slice on each panadapter.

To set it up this way, Close Slice B

Then tap the little '^' on the bottom-center of the screen to open the 2nd panadapter (If it isn't already open).

Then hit the RX Button above the Slice B VFO knob. (Or the 'B' on the Slice B data display) This It will open a new slice on the top panadapter.

Then hit it again and it should move the slice to the bottom panadapter.

Now you can use the slice B menu to change band, frequency, and other slice parameters.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.