Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6400M antenna tuner and transmit audio problems

When I press the ATU button nothing happens it can say "Bypass" or "Tune" but nothing happens. I haver read Chapter 25 many times.
Audio with supply mic and many others is distorted with mic gain down, up, no processor, processor. No one likes it with any of 6 mics that I tried. All say it sounds pinched distorted or digital. Yes, I have watched the videos and used those settings. It is not RF in the audio. The transmit audio is distorted no matter the mic gain level, equalized on or off. Five days of trying and I am ready to give up and ship back. 73, Jim W6LG

Comments

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭

As per the comment in your other thread, this is definitely not normal behaviour. Please open a Help Desk ticket. Their support people are great and will help you get to the solution quickly.

Really sorry to hear about your first impressions of the rig.

• Jimw6lg
    Jimw6lg Member ✭✭

I did that and evolved into a disagreement with the customer servicer rep who was strident that I was wrong. My order included an ATU and he with emphasis said that it did not. He said no you did not. I sent copies of my display that I saved as JPG at the time of order. He told me to go work it out with sales. He was done talking to me. So, I have put it back in the box and will have someone take it to UPS on Monday. Dan was helpful in response. He provided a shipping label and apology. But it was too late because I was too upset. The stress had been too much for me to continue down that road with Flex. I was physically sick. I have cancer and other complication. I was done with Flex after a frustrating week of trying to make it work that ended in an argument that should have been just the opposite. Customer service just did not happen. He was not great and his solution was for me to go fix the problem on my own with sale. My plan to do YouTube videos about the Flex came abrupt halt. I have purchased 101 and it will be here today. 73, Jim W6LG

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

My own experiences with Flex service have been good and I am truly sorry you did not find the same. As the radio with or without the ATU is sold at different prices, it seems to me that your amount paid could have served as a quick, easy and definitive proof of your entitlement to an ATU with your order. Best of luck with your 101, which looks like a fine radio.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.