Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flexradio 6500 open TX ?

Eli H
Eli H Member ✭✭
edited January 2022 in Amateur Radio Interests
Sorry but my Dealer says in the sold communication that the Flexradio 6500 open TX has....
I buy it!
But today i check it.... .but no TRX on 11m (26-27MHz). Give it a way to open the TX mods?

Best Answer

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓

Here in the U.S. the equipment has to be type accepted by the Federal Communications Commission.

Citizens Band equipment has to be channelized, meaning 40 fixed frequencies and limited to 4 watts maximum power on A.M. and 12 watts maximum on SSB. The Flex line of radios does not meet this criteria.

I am guessing in Spain the government agency that regulates CB also has similar restrictions.

This is why Yaesu, Kenwood, Icom, and Elecraft do not allow operation on 11 meters.

Answers

• dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Eli where are you located?  make sure the location is correct in the radio setup screen
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited June 2020

Nope, The radio is not type accepted to operate on 11 meters so it is restricted to amateur bands only. Besides the 6500 has bandpass filters for the amateur bands on receive. Once you are out of the amateur bands the bandpass filters are disabled.

The exception are the MARS frequencies but you must provide proof of eligibility (copy of your military MARS license).

Dave wo2x

• Eli H
    Eli H Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Hello thanks for answer located in Germany, in the setup stand USA

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    You need a German TURF file. Contact Flex Radio.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited May 2016
    11 meter band is not a valid amateur band in Germany.
  • Eli H
    Eli H Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Thanks Howard, i do it!
  • Eli H
    Eli H Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hello, i have the answer.Short Version is: Use the XVTR Output ... Transverter
    I think we wait.... 
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    FlexRadio exports our product as amateur radios.  We do not allow for use on non-amateur bands
  • EA7IXM
    EA7IXM Member, Unconfirmed ✭✭
    [{"insert":"I bought a Flex Radio 6400m yesterday and I have the same problem. Why do I have to be forced to only transmit in ham bands when under my responsibility I should be able to use it wherever I want? In my country CB is legal and Flex Radio denies me the file to be able to transmit out of band\n"}]
  • Val  DM1TX
    Val DM1TX Member ✭✭

Will this topic live forever?

• EA7IXM
    EA7IXM Member, Unconfirmed ✭✭
    It will live as it is and the CB will be alive throughout our lives. It must be remembered that 90% of old radio amateurs started with CB and that many of us continue to transmit in CB. So it is not understandable that FlexRadio does not allow us under our responsibility to have our team open in TX.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.