Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

equalizer settings ??

This on a 6400M with v3.2.39, front panel, not ssdr. Most of my operating is cw and I would like to use the rx eq settings to tailor the rcv audio. I looked at the rx eq settings in cw mode and then in ssb mode and they were the same, don't think that will work, don't want to boost 500-1000 settings in ssb mode. If I change one it changes the other too. Do we have separate rx eq settings for cw and ssb modes?
Why do we use tx eq in cw mode? Or is it automagically turned off when using cw even if the enable button is on?
Fred, K0FG

Comments

• Mike Steventon
    Mike Steventon Member ✭✭✭

For CW I just reduce the bandwidth of the received signal. Makes it nice and sharp and as penetrating as I want. Nice and easy!

Not sure about the rest…..

73 Mike.

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

With the narrow bandwidth for CW, there is no need for audio equalization. I use 400 or 250 Hz for most of my CW operating, and this is narrower than the spacing between the three audio bands involved: 250, 500 and 1 kHz. I use 550 Hz as my CW pitch and center of the passband, so AF is from 350 to 750 Hz. Equalization simply doesn't add anything to this.

73, Craig KØCF

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.